The University of Ottawa is a bilingual public research university and one of the top-ranking universities in Canada, it offers Scholarships for International Students, who want to pursue their undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. studies in Canada. each year candidates from more than 150 countries choose to study at the University of Ottawa.
it offers so many prestigious admission scholarships for international students such as President’s Scholarship, Chancellor’s Scholarship, President’s, Chancellor’s, and Indigenous Leadership Scholarship Finalists, Father Roger Guindon Student Assistance Fund, Follett Of Canada Textbook Bursary, Enrichment Mini-Courses Scholarship, Admission Scholarship For Elite Student-Athletes.
Areas of Study offered by the University of Ottawa:
The University of Ottawa offers a wide variety of academic fields of study options for undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its multiple faculties which are well-regarded for their quality of education.
The university is consisting of the Faculty of Law, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Telfer School of Management, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Education, and Faculty of Social Sciences as well.
Eligibility Criteria FOR Admission Scholarships:
Eligibility criteria vary, but mostly you need to:
- Meet the admission requirements of the program you’ve picked.
- Be registered full-time for the first time in a university undergraduate program.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, or have protected person or refugee status, unless if it is specifically mentioned that international students are eligible (you’ll find a globe symbol next to the scholarship on their main website).
- Be an Indigenous person.
- Have the minimum admission average that meets the scholarship requirements.
- Prove leadership and engagement in your studies and extracurricular activities.
- President’s Scholarship for International Students: $30,000 ($7,500 Per Year).
- Chancellor’s Scholarship for International Students: $26,000 ($6,500 Per Year).
- President’s, Chancellor’s, and Indigenous Leadership Scholarship Finalists: $1,500.
- Father Roger Guindon Student Assistance Fund: Maximum $20,000.
- Follett of Canada Textbook Bursary: Minimum $5,000.
- Enrichment Mini-Courses Scholarship: $1,000 And $500.
- Admission Scholarship For Elite Student-Athletes: Minimum $1,000.
How To Apply For Scholarships And Bursaries:
The application process for these scholarships is to be completely done online. When applying for admission, you’ll receive an email with your UO-Access ID and password that will be allowing you to access the student portal (the UO-Zone).
Log into UO-Zone to access the Online Scholarships and Bursaries search engine (it exists under Finances and jobs) Create your profile to find the scholarships and bursaries that match your profile then you can apply for them.
For undergraduates, the deadline is 21st February 2021.
For graduates, the deadline is 1st October 2020.
- For undergraduates: https://www.uottawa.ca/undergraduate-admissions/deadlines-and-available-programs
- For graduates: https://www.uottawa.ca/graduate-studies/programs-admission/apply