Founded in 1897, the Victoria University of Wellington is one of the most known universities in New Zealand that provide a wide selection of high academic programs and courses especially in the humanities, law, and other scientific disciplines.
This University has the highest average research grade in the New Zealand Government and has been ranked 215 among the Top 500 World’s universities by the 2020 QS World University Rankings. Moreover, it has been ranked fourth in 2006 and third in 2003 in the New Zealand Performance-Based Research Fund.
The Wellington Doctoral Scholarships are open to outstanding students from all around the world in any Doctoral program who have an excellent academic record.
- Host University: Victoria University of Wellington;
- Host Country: New Zealand;
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Ph.D.);
- Scholarship Worth: $27,500 stipend annually plus tuition fees;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: Courses tenable at the university;
- Application Deadline: 1 March, 1 July, 1 November 2021.
The Goal of the Wellington Scholarship is intended to foster and encourage postgraduate research at Victoria University for students who are about to start their doctoral scholarship.
To be eligible for the Wellington Doctoral Scholarships for International Students 2020, Candidates have to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must possess excellent academic proof including their bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in relevant courses from a certified university.
- Candidates must have the potential for high-quality research.
- Candidates must have a record of publication in high-quality journals commensurate with experience in education.
- Candidates must know that scholarships will be awarded by the University Research Scholarships Committee based on academic excellence.
- In addition, to register as an applicant for a Doctoral degree at the university, the Scholarship recipients will be required to carry on full-time enrolment and devote themselves full-time to their program of research throughout the course.
How to Apply:
Applicants for the Scholarships have to check that they meet the eligibility requirements and should then fill out the online application form for both admissions as a doctoral student and to apply for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship.
Applicants must provide and upload all this required documentation to the online application form:
- A sample of academic writing in English with 2000-word.
- Certified copies of degree certificates and academic transcript/s.
- International students must provide proof of English language proficiency.
- Translations of all official documents (must be certified by an accredited translator).